Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Blog Every Day in May 2014: Days 5, 6, and 7...Oops

So, let's point out the elephant in the room, shall we?  I failed....  This week has been a complete nightmare at work and I really wasn't feeling too bloggy the past few days.  Excuses aside, I still want to do all of the posts I promised, so here's a three-parter!

I've also decided to try out a new link-up today!  I recently stumbled upon the blog Because Shanna Said So... and he awesomely perfect Random Wednesday Link-up!





So, maybe I'm blogging almost every day in May instead!  Whoops!  I'm still going to consider it a win so far...but I definitely plan to do better!  Shall we do this???

Day 5 "Guilty Pleasures"


We've all got 'em - mine are pretty childish and a little embarrassing - but that's kind of the point of the whole guilty pleasure, right.  I'm actually not embarrassed by these but I don't embarrass too easily!  Without further ado....

A recent monkey that's been living on my back: The Sims Freeplay.  My Bestfriend introduced me to the wonderful world of Sims Freeplay and I've been addicted ever since.  She even patiently sit by and let me wreck havoc all over her town before I finally broke down and installed my own!  I even brought my iPad with me the past couple days and desperately tried to find WiFi during my lunch to get a little Simmy Love in mid-day!  I failed miserably - but I'm still determined....I think the key is actually having to go inside and not just trying to mooch off the parking lot!  Although, in my own defense, I did make a purchase the first place I tried both Monday and Tuesday!

Here's a few snapshots from my little guilty pleasure town!  The one on the bottom right is actually from Allison's town.  My Sim sneaked into her town to hug Megan the Cat!  Yes, she named the kitty after me.  I was with her when it happened - we were having beers!



A not as recent guilty pleasure: Subscription Boxes!  I have a minor addiction!  You can check out my reviews and past boxes here!

And, finally: Trashy TV and Movies.  I'm talking all sorts of nonsense.  From Teen Mom to America's Next Top Model to Devious Maids to Lifetime Movies - especially if they're about teen pregnancy, eating disorders, or teen destruction.  I know...sounds terrible, but I can't help it - it makes for good guilty pleasure viewing!  Plus, I mean, they kind of send good messages...in the end...usually.  Please don't judge me too hard!  I can't be the only one!

Care to share?  What are your guilty pleasures???  I'd love to hear them!

Day 6 "Why I Blog"


I started this blog as a way to put random stuff out of my head and out into the world.  I used to keep diaries...kind of.  And even went through a phase where it wasn't a diary, it was a journal, because journal sounded way cooler.  I also wanted a good way for my family to keep up on some of the random stuff I was doing - like fun adventures we had or cakes I baked, or other junk they might be interested in seeing about me and Rob...and Gatsby and what we've been up to!  I mostly just do it for me though!  It's something I had been interested in doing for a while - so I finally couraged-up and put myself out there!  I hope you like it...but if you don't, that's okay too!

Day 7 "5 Songs I'm Loving Right Now"


This is a tough one for me!  I'm not what you call a music connoisseur!

Here are the first five songs that come to mind / that I've listened to recently, in no particular order of how much I'm loving them!

  1. The Pool Mashup song from the Pitch Perfect Soundtrack - Mash-up of Just The Way You Are and Just A Dream.  I've been playing this on my way home from work the past couple days!
  2. One Is The Loneliest Number - Three Dog Night.  No real explanation here, it's just been stuck in my head lately???
  3. Dark Horse - Katy Perry.  This comes on the radio all.the.time.  And, it always makes me want to bounce in a particularly creepy way!  Ummm...yeah, that's about it there.... ☺
  4. Let It Go - Idina Menzel (not "Adele Dazeem") from the Frozen Soundtrack.  For when you just need that female empowerment ballad. 
  5. Happy - Pharrell Williams.  This one just makes me happy.  But I guess that's appropriate!  
What are some songs you're loving up on lately???

Hope everyone is getting over their mid-week hump and looking forward to the end of the week / weekend!!  I know I sure am!  My Sims are having their first baby and I've got fun Mother's Day plans on Sunday with my Mom and Sister!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment