Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog Every Day in May 2014: Day 12 "Favorite Childhood Book(s)"

I can't do it!  I can't choose just one...so I'm going to give you a few, listed in no particular order! ☺

The Berenstain Bears 

     by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Okay, so who could resist that lovable bear family!  In every book you learned a valuable lesson about life, like sharing, bullying, or manners.  I used to LOVE The Berenstain Bears books and we had a TON of them!  Here are a few of my all-time favorites:



If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

     by Laura Numeroff

This was such a cute little story about a mouse who just kept wanting more and more and more.  He could have really learned a thing or two from The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmes! 


Love You Forever

     by Robert Munsch

My mom used to read this one to my sister and I all the time when we were little!  It has such a loving message!  I actually have to admit that I picked this up a couple of years back and read it quick and my eyes got all watery!  That's how you know it's a good one!


Ghost Writer Series 

I had the whole series...and loved the TV Show too!  


Where the Sidewalk Ends

     by Shel Silverstein

I don't know a single person my age who didn't read all of these growing up!  It was my very first little taste of poetry.  Fun and light! 

Amelia Bedelia

     by Peggy Parish

You can't have a favorite childhood book list without everyone's favorite zany nanny, Amelia!  


Sideways Stories From Wayside School

     by Louis Sachar

Each chapter was like it's own adventure from the crazy school that was accidentally built 30 stories high!  There's the kid who can only read upside down, the mean teacher, and the mysterious new kid.  I can't help but crack up a little just trying to remember the rest! 


The Adventures of Frog and Toad

     by Arnold Lobel

I loved reading about Frog and Toad and their friendship!  


Little House on the Prairie

     by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Another great series - I loved reading the books and watching the show (and still like seeing re-runs from time to time)!  I even got the chance to visit one of the historic homes/museums of Laura's Ingalls Wilder on a family vacation when I was a kid!  

Other favorites include anything by Roald Dahl, Dr. Seuss, or Mercer Mayer, as well as several Little Golden Books!  

What are some of your favorite books from your childhood??

No comments:

Post a Comment