Saturday, May 10, 2014

Blog Every Day in May 2014: Day 8 "What's in My Handbag?!"

No surprise here...I'm like your typical girl - carrying around all the "necessities" which is always more than what is really necessary!

I have a big purse.  I like to be able to put all the things in it - and I kind of do.  It gets heavy a lot of the time.  I'm pretty sure I'm ruining my back, neck, shoulders, etc., etc., etc.  But hey, you need a tampon, bobby pin, hair tie, Advil, phone charge - I'm your gal!

Let's get started, eh?  This is literally what is living inside my purse this very moment!


The current carry-all:  Coach Park Khaki Signature Leather Hobo Crossbody - In Jade Green!

This used to have blue tags that hung from it, but the chain broke and they've been sitting on my dresser for some time now.  I have a new chain...just have been too lazy to do anything about it!

The residents:


  1.  Sunnies!  Just your standard big dark sunglasses!  I got these the day after I got LASIK - I needed polarized, darker lenses to help with the light sensitivity!  
  2. Wallet - This is where my G's live!  Hah, just kidding.  It's usually lacking cash and is home to my debit card, ID, random receipts, etc.  I almost never carry cash - which can sometimes be a bit of an issue!  Like when your favorite bar decides to charge cover, or you need to pay for parking and have to use your card for $1.00.  Oh well, what can you do - the world is just more paperless than it used to be!
  3. Just something to light my way!  My Aunt gave us all these little flashlights so I threw mine in my purse!  I figured it would come in handy if I ever find myself lost in the dark!  But...lets hope that doesn't happen!
  4. Advil - A little bit of magic to cure your ailments - well, if you've got cramps, a head ache, or minor aches and pains, I've got you covered!
  5. EOS.  One of my absolute favorite lip products.  Enough said.  (PS.  This one is the Blueberry Acai Berry flavor and it is simply divine!)
  6. Gum.  I used to be an avid gum chewer but not so much now that I've gotten older.  I still pop a piece every now and then but I don't usually have it on hand.  Truth telling time:  this has been living in my purse for kind of a while now!  I honestly didn't remember it being in there and don't recall how long I purchased it!  It's grape ice cube gum and if you're into artificial grape, you'd probably be down! 
  7. Book-IT!  Anyone else remember that?!  You read a bunch of books and were rewarded with personal pan pizzas for your effort!  I've been trying to get back in the reading spirit - so I tossed this book in my bag the other day.  I had planned on reading on my lunch break but I still haven't started it!  Oops!  Anyway, if you're wondering, it's Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (it's the follow up to Delirium, which I read quite some time ago). 
  8.  A pouch full of technology!  This sexy little pouch stores all of my techy needs!  I have a spare cord for my phone, a dual-car charger plug, and my Jackery, which is a portable battery (it's actually missing from this photo as I had brought it to my bedroom to charge overnight!)  A dead portable battery does no one any good!  It's awesome though!  I think you can get one on Amazon for something like $25-$30 or so.  They sure come in hand!  This one actually even has a little flash-light on it as well!  I can usually use it 3-4 times before needing to bring it in for a re-charge and it will work with any device that uses a USB charging device!
  9.   Coups!  This is a pouch I got from Birchbox in one of their limited edition boxes (I think it was for teens...anyway, I used points to get it, so it was free to me!) Score!!  I keep my coupons in here.  There's a couple Bed, Bath and Beyond coups, a few kitty related coups, and some random offers from other favorites:  Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Express, Ulta, Meijer, and so forth! 
  10. Yes.  Another wallet.  I use this flat wallet to store all of my loyalty cards and any gift cards I get!  I don't like cluttering up my actual wallet with all of that nonsense because I don't always need it.  It makes it a lot easier if I want to transfer to a smaller purse for an outing where I know I won't be making a mall trip! 
  11. Bag Inception!  A bag inside of a bag!  I sometimes even put my purse in another bigger 31 tote to carry it with me to work with my replenishing supply of Diet Coke, desk snacks and my lunch!  So wrap your minds around that one!  Woah!  This is actually where I keep all of my less-needed make-upy products and things.  I dumped it out so you could gander yourself!
Behold!  



There's a lot going on in here....not that I need to carry it all around with me, and some of it does change from time to time.

The main-stays:

  • Body Spray Mini:  Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon - It smells like magic!
  • Hand Cream:  I currently have Soap & Glory's Hand Food - It's pretty good stuff!  I have ridiculously dry skin, so hand cream is a must! 
  • Perfume Roller Ball:  Right now I actually have two living in there!  A long time favorite scent:  Versace Bright Crystal, and a newer fave: Juicy Couture Viva La Fleur.  
  • Nail Clippers:  I got this cheapo one at the dollar store a while back!  I hardly ever use it, but when you get a hang nail on the go, it's really nice to be able to take care of it on the spot! 
  • Eye Drops:  Not pictured as I actually gave away my last vile of them earlier this week to a co-worker suffering from allergy eyes!  I stash the single use viles of eye drops everywhere since I had LASIK -in the medicine cabinet, nightstand, my desk at work, and my purse!  They really come in handy!  Note to self:  re-stock the drops! ☺  They really are perfect for on the go and you can help a friend in need without worry of sharing eye germies!  Always a plus! 
  • Tampons:  Okay, you caught me - I didn't show you these...  We all know what a tampon looks like and they're not really anything too exciting so I left them out of the photo op!  But just because I like to teeter on that over-share border - they're Tampax Pearl and I always have a variety of absorbency levels with me!  
  • Bobby Pins / Hair Ties:  They're in there too, buried underneath everything else...in another little pouch!  What can I say, I like to try to keep things a little organized!  
There's also usually a random variety of lip products swimming around in there too!  Those rotate.  Sometimes there won't be any and others there is a whole swarm of them!  From the looks of it, I kind of need to thin them out again!  

Well, I hope you enjoyed a peek into my sack and more importantly that you're all having a wonderful week!  What kind of treasures do you haul around with you on the daily!?



No comments:

Post a Comment