Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog Every Day in May 2014: Day 11 "Oh The Places I've Been...So Far!"

I was lucky enough to be part of a family who loved to travel!  My parents always wanted to take my sister and I all over the US...so every school Spring Break we would hop in the Van (later....Mini Van) and head off on a fun, but usually somewhat educational road trip adventure across the country!  I had to do this map from memory, so there may be places I missed!  My mom has a state magnet from everywhere we've been on her refrigerator at home...but I keep forgetting to snap a photo of it when I'm there!!  


When I was older we started going on less educational, more relaxing and fun trips - starting with Disney World in Florida when I was 15, then Myrtle Beach, South Carolina when I was 16, and finally, the most wonderfully relaxing and most beautiful place I've been to date: Hawaii when I was 17!  We went again when my sister was a Senior in High School and I will admit, it was equally as fun (just in a different way since I was now 21 and could taste all of those adult-only islandy beverages)!!

In college I traveled a few places with friends, including an impromptu weekend trip to New York (Freshman Year), Canada (Freshman Year for some 19-year old shenanigans), Mexico (Acapulco for Spring Break Sophomore Year), and California to visit my awesome old roomie (Summer before Senior year).  

Rob and I also have been stretching out our traveler pants and going on a few adventures of our own!  I surprised him with a weekend in the Chicago area to take him to Lego Land for a special Star Wars Day.  We also adventured on to do several other things while we were in the City.  We also took a trip to Ohio to go to Cedar Point  Later in our relationship he surprised me with a trip to Florida to go to Universal Studios.  I had wanted to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for some time and thanks to my wonderful boyfriend, I got to see Hogsmeade, dine in the Three Broomsticks, and enjoy a sudsy Butterbeer or two (I had to try it regular and frozen, of course)!  I would recommend visiting to any fellow Harry Potter fans out there!  It truly is magical!!  Our next adventure in traveling is taking us to Las Vegas this Fall!

Here are a few photos from our trip!

Rob and I with the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang Students!
Clockwise from top left:  Hogwarts Castle, Butterbeer Stand, Butterbeer (non-frozen), Staircase to Dumbledore's Office (Shh...the password was Fizzing Wizzbees), Sorting Hat, and Ollivander's Wand Shop 
Me with a moving wanted poster of Sirius Black!

Clockwise from Left:  Rob and I in front of the Hogwarts Castle, Hogsmeade at first glance, Hogwarts Express Train, and the Three Broomsticks
1.  Dumb and Dumber Hats, 2.  Rob with Jaws, 3.  Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!, 4.  Pirate's Cove Mini Golf!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You really have been all over the US! My family did a lot of road trips too, but we never really hit up the East Coast at all...

    ReplyDelete