Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog Every Day in May 2014: Day 13 "Collections"

Even if you're not a sophisticated collector and connoisseur of fine items, you probably collect something!

My "collections" are pretty silly...but fun - and isn't that what it's all about anyway!  So...here you go...proudly letting my inner-child freak flag fly!

Leggo my Lego

Rob got me hooked.  I used to play with Legos when I was a kid, but had since forgotten how fun they could be!  Then, enter the Harry Potter Lego sets.  I couldn't resist!  I didn't end up getting my hands on all of them - trust me, I would have loved to, but here are a few of my prize pieces!  They're pretty much displayed all over the book shelf and my desk in our office.  Rob, on the other hand, has an affinity toward the Star Wars sets!

Hogwarts Express
Weasly's Flying Car with Ron, Hedwig, and Scabbers!  
A few of Rob's Star Wars Collection

Lego Mini Figures

I think the most exciting part of these is the mystery!  Life's like a box of mini figures...you never know which one you're gonna get!  Mainly because Lego makes their secret codes nearly impossible to crack!! Not for a lack of Rob and I trying!!!



My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Blind Bag Ponies

I know...this one is even crazier than the two before...but on a rainy afternoon in East Lansing, Allison and I found ourselves seeking refuge in a Meijer in search of warm, dry clothes!  And....we came out with a paw full of ponies!  Boom, just like that we were hooked.  Now we each get this crazy high when a new series comes out!

I also like to intermingle my collections, as you'll see...MLP infiltrated the Hogwarts Castle!  Ponies dance on the Knight Bus and frolic in the meadows outside The Burrow!



What about you - any sophisticated or not-so-sophisticated collections!??

Bonus:  I linked-up with Jenni at Frankly My Dear, and Company for Tuesday Tea!

 

Find out what I'll be posting about the rest of the month for Blog Every Day in May 2014 here!

Hope you all have a fabulous week ahead of you!!

2 comments:

  1. Well the My Little Ponies collection was a total surprise! I'm partial to the Pirates of the Caribbean legos myself, though I don't actually own them, I just bought them for my brother's birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These legos are so much cooler than the ones I got to play with as a kid!!!

    ReplyDelete