Friday, January 31, 2014

And the {Liebster} Award goes to....

In the words of Meryl Streep, "Oh boy, no matter how much you try to imagine what this is like, it’s just so incredibly thrilling right down your toes."  That is exactly how I felt when I found out that my new blogger friend, Kerry over at Sunflowers and Sauvignon Blanc nominated me for a Liebster Award!  Seriously, Could.Not.Stop.Smiling!  Thank you so much, KL!  (...and extra thanks for being my first official blog follower!  Seriously...made my year!)


The Liebster Award is an award given to 'up and coming' blogs with fewer than 200 followers.  It's a great way to get to know a few folk in the blogging community and spread the word about newer blogs! (Partly why I'm so freaking excited about this!!!  I'm super new to this lovely little community of interweb delightings so I'll gladly accept and share any love I get!)  "Liebster" is a German word which essentially translates to "dearest," "favorite," or "beloved." 

So, without further ado I am challenged to answer Kerry's 10 Questions for me then I'll create a list of questions for my own list of bloggers to answer! 

And here they are:

1.  When you were a kid what did you aspire to be "when you grew up?"

When I was really little I wanted to be a ballerina.  That translated into wanting to be a writer - which is still a suppressed dream (someday, maybe!).  In High School I figured being a writer probably wouldn't pay the bills, so I developed a fondness for Accounting (kind of weird for a teenager, but hey...it's what I did).  

Spoiler Alert:  I did actually major in Accounting for three years in college before quick switching to Advertising at the onset of my senior year!  And, now....I'm a paralegal....with a predilection for commercials, bill boards, radio jingles, and even some basic print ads!

2.  What is your favorite appetizer to bring to a party?

Although I typically am known to bring desserts to the party, and not appetizers, I typically go with the something that is simple, yet a crowd pleaser, and easy to transport!  ***I'll post recipes of these soon(ish).

Some of my GO-TOs are:
  •     Mexican 7-Layer Dip
  •     Buffalo Chicken Dip
  •     Pickle Wraps and Polish Roses
  •     Mini Goat Cheese and Bacon Pops (a recent find)
3.  What is one beauty product that you can't live without?

I'm going to have to go with mascara on this one - I wear it almost every single day, even if I decide that I don't feel like putting a stitch of other make-up on.  I feel like it makes it look like you tried a little harder than you actually did...or, maybe that's just me!? 

Right now my favorite is the Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara!  The little wavy wand has helped tremendously with my application!  I don't tend to make quite as much of a mess with it!

Some runners up would have to be my beloved Wet Brush and my It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Product - I seriously don't know how I ever brushed my hair before these two love affairs made an appearance in my life!

4.  If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you do (after sensible actions such as paying bills etc.)?

Vacation - With everyone in my family!  They'd all pick their most desired locale and we'd stick 'em in a hat and draw one out at a time!  Not only would it add a little spontaneity to our travels, it would probably be one of the most amazing trips of a lifetime!  Plus, sharing it with my loved ones - BONUS!

5.  Who do you look up to most?

My mom.  She's one of the strongest and most amazing people I know!  She's been both a mom and a dad and managed to pull it off without a sweat!  She always gives the best advice, is there for a laugh or a hug (or both) just when you need it most, and now that I've grown up a bit, she's not only a mom and a dad, but a friend.  If I can someday hope to be even half as wonderful of a mom as she is, I'll have some pretty lucky kids!  Thanks for everything, mom!  You're the best!  Love you!!

6.  What is your favorite t.v. show?

I'm a complete T.V. junkie so this is super tough!  But if I had to narrow it down to just one favorite, I think I would go with Pretty Little Liars!  I've been obsessed since it aired and have seen every episode so far - even managed to get around HULU's efforts to thwart my viewing!

Some runner-ups (in no particular order):
  • Grimm
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • True Blood
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
  • Dexter
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Game of Thrones
  • Castle
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • The Carrie Diaries
  • Hart of Dixie
  • Law & Order: SVU

7.  If you could have any super power what would it be?

I would love to be able to fly!  I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it would be pretty awesome to just fly my way to work; fly over to the store, etc.!  No more worrying about gas prices or car troubles...yes, yes, that sounds great - sign me up!

8.  What is the best advice you ever received?

If it's meant to be, it will be.  If not, it just wasn't meant to be. 

Both my mom and my grandma always said that and it has so much truth to it.  This little mantra has sure gotten me through some tough times!

9.  What do you enjoy the most about the city you live in now?

We currently live in Grand Rapids, Michigan!  Most days I love it!  But...less lately because of all this snow, ice and cold!!!  Ugh, so over it already!  Please bring on the Spring! 

I love the activity - there's always something going on or something to do!  Plus, the breweries are pretty awesome too!

10.  Which do you prefer: vacation to the beach or mountains?

Vacation on the beach, definitely!   Especially if there's also the words "all-inclusive," "daiquiri," or "massage" involved!  I love a nice long relaxing beach vacation where I can lounge, indulge, and catch up on some reading all while soaking in the warm rays of the sun!

Alright, now on to Part 2! 

...and the Nominees are....  {just kidding - everyone listed below is a winner of this Liebster Award!} 
  1. The Misadventures of Lennon
  2. Lil' Mrs. Chatterbox
  3. How We Fit
  4. Key Ingredients
  5. Reasons to Come Home

No pressure to accept this coveted blogger award but if you do choose to here's what you've got to do!  I've kind of 'tweaked' these to try to find people who hadn't been tagged yet...but mainly just have fun with it! I can't wait to read your answers!
  • Answer the 10 Questions I've written below.
  • Nominate 5-10 'Up and Coming' blogs you follow to receive the award!
  • Create 10 Questions of your own for your nominees to answer!
  • Blog about the whole experience and put the award up on your page!
  • Have fun!  This is exciting stuff after all!
Questions to Answer:
  1. What's your favorite book: a.  Of all time?  b. That you've recently read?
  2. What is one thing you've always wanted to do?
  3. Why did you start blogging?
  4. What advice would you give to your 16 year old self?
  5. If there was a zombie apocalypse, what would you do?
  6. Do you have any "hidden" talents (or not so hidden talents)?
  7. Name one beauty item or product you just can't live without!
  8. If 'they' made a movie of your life, who would you want to play you?  And, who would you want to play your love interest?
  9. Name the person you most admire and why.
  10. If you could pick a 'theme' song to play every time you walked into a room, what song would you choose?




4 comments:

  1. A whole family vacation is just the kind of thing that would be awesome to do if you won the lottery! :) And did you know that I live near GR, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw that you lived in Michigan from another post but I didn't realize you were in the area! How fun!! Are you as over all this snow as I am?!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the nomination! I have written my post with the answers and new nominees!! Check it out below!!

    http://www.lilmrschatterbox.com/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination, love! It may have taken me a few weeks but my Liebster post will be up in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete