Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekend Recap: Teenage Vamps, Bubble Tea and Brews

 
This past weekend was pretty laid back, but definitely successful! 

My bestfriend, Allison, came in town for a visit and we popped over to the theater to enjoy a viewing of Vampire Academy!  It was okay; nothing life-changing, but I enjoy most movies I see without too much extra thought!  Would I recommend it to the masses: probably not, but if you gravitate toward anything labeled "Young Adult" then this might be right up your alley!  I'm basically a 28-year-old child when it comes to books, TV and movie selections!  So, teen vampires in high school - I couldn't resist!

We enjoyed some Fro-yo Friday before the show and then made an appearance at Founders Brewing Company afterward, and finally wrapped up the evening at the Casa over a few more brews and some Netflix!

On Saturday, when we finally managed to coax ourselves out into the world, we went in search of Bubble Tea!  We both acquired a fondness for the delicious jelly bubbles in college, but we had yet to discover a place that could compare!

Enter:  The Sparrows! 
Forgive the glare!  We actually had some sun!

We LOVED it!  So much so that we each enjoyed two teas a piece!  (We couldn't resist grabbing one to-go!)

It was an adorable little café tucked away on Wealthy Street!  If you're in the GR area, definitely check it out!  They have so many options!
Here's a peek at the inside!  All those jars on top of the counter are different loose tea options!!

The menu had so many tasty looking drinkable treats it was a tough decision, but I knew I had to follow my heart and go for the Bubble Tea! 
 


And just to make things even harder to decide they had all these awesome options....

 

We'll definitely be working trips here into our future bestie outings!!!  I tried the Boba Fett special for my to-go tea and wasn't disappointed!  I was really curious about the popping boba, which the gal behind the counter described as being kind of like "Gushers!"  (Tell me you remember those fun little delights - chewy on the outside like a fruit roll-up but when you squish it between your teeth - you're met with a sweet gooey semi-liquid fruit ooze surprise!)  Unfortunately the popping boba weren't quite that interesting, but they were still pretty good.  The didn't ooze, but they did definitely POP! and kind of explode with fruity juicy stuff - so still a pretty cool surprise!  Call me a traditionalist though, I still prefer the plain ole' traditional tapioca pearls!

If you do go, make sure to pit stop at the bathroom!  There's only one, it's gender neutral, and the pot, the sink, and such are all pretty average - but it's decorated with old window frames, which looks pretty cool.  Here's a panoramic for your viewing pleasure!  (I tried to keep pot's and such out of it, so it's a little wiggly, but free interweb high five to whoever can spot me!)



We capped off our evening with a stop off at our favorite watering hole, LOGAN'S ALLEY!  I managed to cross off two more beers from my list Around the World!  (I'll be sharing the whole shebang once I finally finish!)

And, I even got to see my sister for a few on Sunday!  She crept in late on Saturday night to sleep after her friend's birthday party! 

Hope you all had a great weekend too!!!  I want to read all about it, so make sure to link-up with Dateless in Dallas and Showered With Design for Weekend Recap!!


Showered With Design

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! I'm trying to follow along but I keep getting an error when I click on your g+...I would love to follow! :)

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, stink! I think I was having major site issues that day! Sorry for the trouble! I think it should be fixed now! At least here's to hoping! :-)

      Delete