Friday, February 14, 2014

Five on Friday: Sushi, V-Day, and a Mysterious Allergy

Linking-up again with  ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha for 5 on Friday!!!


 

{ONE}

Sushi with the girls!

Yesterday after work I met up with a couple of my girlfriend/co-workers for Sushi!  Rob's not into sushi so we never go to a "true" sushi joint!  E, S and I headed over to JU Sushi & Lounge after work for some cocktails, rolls, and to blow off some steam!  We sat in the Lounge area which had a mixture of tables, chairs, ottoman-esque stools, and couches complete with an array of throw pillows!  The ambiance was great - perfect for a girls night out, a nice date, or somewhere fun for a family outing or celebration!  They've got a pretty decent menu too!  It's not all sushi; there's tons of great starters, soups, salads, and hibachi grill options!  I think I'll even be able to talk Rob into going some night too!
 
Here's what we shared:
 
To Start
Spicy Crab Pizza: 6" Pita Bread w/ Spicy Crab Salad w/ Avocado and Muenster Cheese.
Topped w/ Sweet Sauce
This was AMAZING!  The sauce was so so so good!!!  And, even though I'm not a big avocado fan, I would still get this and not even without the green stuff!
 
The Rolls
Spicy Scallop
There's no real description for this one, but I think it was my favorite roll of the night!  I'm a sucker for scallions and I love a good spice!  This one was pretty simple, but divine none the less!
 
Star Maki
Eel, Cream Cheese and Asparagus roll. 
Deep Fried with tempura batter and sweet sauce.
Another great roll!  This one was a little crispy since it was fried, and it had that wonderful sweet sauce!!
 
Playboy Roll
Spicy Tuna, Cream Cheese, Asp, and Tempura Shrimp
with Shrimp on top with sauces. Served flaming!

This one was  also terrific!  It gave the spicy scallop roll a run for its money being my favorite of the night!  Plus it's served flaming!  I mean, how cool is that!
 
Via JU Sushi


 

{TWO}

A facelift!

The Nog Logs will be getting a facelift soon!  I'm so exciting to be working with a designer (not telling which one just yet!  I'm saving that for the big reveal)!  Can't wait to see the finished product and get this puppy live!  Yay!
 

{THREE}

Eek!  A little last minute!

It's Valentine's Day!  Today.  Right Now!  And...I have yet to decide and get a gift for Rob!!!  I'm usually so prepared and would already have had it picked out, delivered, wrapped and safely tucked away in my closet, but this year I'm been a total slacker with everything getting crazy at work!  I've had a couple of ideas rolling around in my head the past couple of weeks but none really struck me as the right one! I've been searching the web for some ideas and watching every youtube vido and reading any blog post I see promising gift ideas for your guy!  I can't usually get him a nice shirt or sweater without planning ahead and ordering because he's so tall - the normal store sizes never work!  And he usually just goes out and gets anything else he really wants!  So...he can be a little challenging to shop for!  We don't go all out on V-Day gifts typically, but sometimes he surprises me and I want to be able to surprise him this year with something thoughtful he loves!  I think I'm going to go grab a bottle of some fancy scotch (something I know he would never go and spend a ton of money on for himself!) and a nice card and hope for some extra inspiration while I'm out and about!  Wish me luck!!   And, any ideas are most welcome!!!
 

{FOUR}

Burning up some Vacay Time!

We have that awesome "use it or lose it" deal at work with our vacation time and I always have left over when my renewal time comes around!  We can roll over up to 40 hours but lose anything over and above that!  I did a lot better this year and managed to get down to only 6.5 extra hours!  Last year I think I had to take almost a whole week off at the end of February to use it up!  And this year, since V-Day fell on a Friday, I figured I'd make it a long weekend and get in some R & R in the morning, catch up on some sleep and television, and maybe even venture into the world!  (That last one is a must actually!  I gotta get something special for my main squeeze!) 
I usually like to try to be a little more productive and get some cleaning done or work on a project but today I just need a do-nothing-important kind of day off!  Sooo nice!   
How do you like to spend a random day off?  Busy, busy, or Comfy and Cozy!?
 

{FIVE}

An irRASHionable ordeal.

For the past week or so I've been itching like crazy!  It started on my calves, but I have really dry skin - especially in the winter, and I'm prone to stress induced eczema so I didn't think much of it...just put on some extra cream and figured it would go away soon!  It didn't...instead it moved up my legs and onto my stomach and eventually my arms...ugh...what a disaster!  I felt like I looked like someone going through withdrawals, scratching all the time!  Then I noticed these tiny little bumps and I started to get concerned!  I've had chicken pox three times already in my life, but I think they start at the top and work their way down usually so I was really hoping this wasn't a sort of backwards pox situation - not for the fourth time!  That would be absurd!  Anyway, Rob wasn't having any of the same symptoms so I ruled out (quickly, thankfully) any sort of weird infestation (gross...I know) right away!  Don't worry - there's no scabies or bed bugs here!  I finally found a local doctor and got an appointment!  No one could really figure out what would have triggered the reaction - we haven't changed detergents recently and I haven't tried any new products or foods!  I did feel like the most popular gal in the doctor's office!  I got to meet so many people - the nice girl who checked me in, a wonderful nurse, a very professional med-student, my actual doctor, and the attending doctor!  So, the cause is still a mystery, but they prescribed me a steroid pill and I've been taking an antihistamine for the itching!  I'm finally getting some relief and the bumps are almost completely gone!   I've never had an allergy before (other than a mild reaction to a bee sting) so I'm curious what caused it, but I'm not sure I'll figure it out anytime soon!  Until then, the case of itchy leg remains unsolved!  But, I now have a local doctor's office who I feel very comfortable with, and even got caught up on my tetanus shot!  Plus I got a sweet Roadrunner bandage out of the deal, so I'm considering this experience a win!
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a great V-Day, whether you spend it with the great love of your life, your family, friends, or fly solo!  Hope you do something special, even if it's just for you! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment