Sunday, February 16, 2014

Spring 2014 Fortune Cookie Soap Box

It's here, It's here IT'S HERE!!!!
 
I was so excited when my first ever Fortune Cookie Soap Box arrived this weekend!!! 
 
Fortune Cookie Soap is a company specializing in providing unique and safe bath and body products!  They do really make soaps in the shapes of fortune cookies too - all the way down to the fortune inside!!! 
 
The Soap Box is a subscription box that ships quarterly and includes mostly sample sized selections of their newest seasonal line!  It's $19.99 a quarter, but they do also give you a $10.00 offer code with each box that you can use to purchase some more goodies!  Plus, the boxes usually have a really fun theme! 
 
The theme for Spring 2014 was In the Garden of Good and Evil, which I thought was super cute!  And, boy oh boy, it didn't disappoint!  I already knew what was coming (they email a "spoiler" sneak-peek a week or so before the boxes ship) but I was still really eager to actually get my hands (and nose) all up on those glorious new products! 
 

Native Nectar Body Wash

I just used this yesterday and it smells divine, like fresh coconut and Spring!  Ahhh!
 

Afternoon Delight OCD

The OCDs are FCS's hand sanitizers.  They usually smell pretty good in the bottle (this one smells lightly of apricots and watermelon) but unfortunately that smell doesn't translate too well to your hands!  It's been my experience that as soon as I rub it in all I smell is alcohol.  So, I guess you know it's killing germs!
 

Marshmallow Dreams Cuticle Butter

I actually put this on as soon as I opened it!  It's nice and creamy and my under-moisturized cuticles were quite thankful!  Plus it smells like marshmallows and lavender!  Yum!!
 
 

Make it Rain Whipped Cream

The Whipped Creams are FCS's body butters.  They are super rich and moisturizing and smell amazing!  Plus, the smell lingers for a looonngg time!  This one smells really fresh and clean!  It was Gatsby's favorite thing in the box!!!
 

Forbidden Fruit Fortune Cookie Soap

This scent is described as "dusky verbena creeping over fresh blueberry skins and lemon zest" which I get, but with my untrained nose I smell blueberry and lemon and spring treats!!!  I can't wait to use this (after I finish my Banana Hammock FCS)! 
 

Me So Thorny Steam Me Up Scotty!

The Steam Me Up Scotty's are shower steamers.  You place them behind (or to the side if you're me!) of the water stream, so they're not in the direct path but get splashed from time to time, and just relax with a wonderful aromatic shower experience!  Our bathroom doesn't have a bathtub so I'm always excited to get a fun / different "bathy" product I can actually use!  I actually used this yesterday too and the scent was so nice and relaxing:  citrus, lavender, and vanilla with hints of patchouli and sandalwood!  I've also tried their Serenity (which is mostly lavender and perfect to use on those relaxing before bedtime showers), the cold buster (which is minty and is supposed to open up your sinuses!), and one from their Hunger Games inspired product line!  I've really enjoyed them all - it just adds a little extra something to what could normally be a boring, typical shower!
 

The Bloom Bloom Room Bath Fizzy

This is the adorable little pink flower in the box!  I opened it and sniffed it out and I'm super excited to use this!  Now I've just got to plan a weekend or two to visit my mom so I can covet her huge tub for a little R & R!
 

Venus Fly Trap Perfume Oil


This one took some time and a few extra sniffs to really figure out how I felt about it!  It smells really citrusy in the vile, but when I first dabbed it on my wrists, I got a strong musky aroma - which I'm not a super fan of!  But then after it settles a bit I get more of the floral scents coming through.  It's not my favorite of scents and I probably won't wear it often, but I definitely appreciate its complexity and can see myself dabbing a bit on for a nice Springtime date once in a while!

Unfortunately the Spring Soap Box is already sold out, but if you're interested in getting one of these for yourself in the future, I believe they are taking new subscriptions beginning with the Summer 2014 box!!!  Find out more here!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is kind of cool! I had never heard of this subscription box company before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't before my bestfriend introduced me and now I'm so hooked on this company! I absolutely love their products! So much so, almost all my friends/family got a fortune cookie soap in their stockings last year! They're just so fun and different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fortune Cookie Soap! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my Popsugar Monthly Must Have video. Sorry the comments weren't working on my blog...boo! But they are up & running again now! I love your post about the FCS box! -Sadie

    www.alaskalove12.blogspot.com
    www.youtube.com/alaskalove12

    ReplyDelete