Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Groundhog's Weather Forcast and the Big Game!

Happy February 2nd!  Today is not only Groundhog Day, but also the day of one of the most anticipated football games of the season - Super Bowl XLVII!!! 

This morning in Punxsutawney, PA, Phil, the little weather-forecasting fur-ball has secured our fates - 6 more weeks on winter!

Phil even gave his prediction in the form of a cute Super Bowl themed poem in support of the day's shared celebrations!
 
"A Super Bowl winner I will not predict,
But my weather forecast, you cannot contradict,
That's not a football lying beside me
It's my shadow you see
So, six more weeks of winter it shall be!"
 
 

Now that we've got the official weather report and we know for a fact (as if there was any doubt) that we will indeed be graced with the presence of Old Man Winter for a bit longer, it's time to move on to more celebratory affairs:  The Super Bowl!!!

 
Who are you rooting for this year: The Seattle Seahawks or the Denver Broncos?  I'll be cheering for the Broncos - for the simple reason that they are geographically located closer than Seattle is to Grand Rapids!  Do you have any silly ways you choose your team for the big game??  I'm really in it mostly for the commercials....having an Advertising degree (which I don't use...) and all!  Looking forward to seeing what the big boys of the ad world have come up with this year!  I haven't peeked at any previews at all - so I'm ready to be wowed!  I want to laugh, cry, and feel the need to buy, buy, buy!
 
Rob and I are playing it pretty low-key this year!  We're going to stay home to watch - which definitely has it's benefits!!!  I mean, sweats...all day, ummm...yes please!  He's making homemade boneless hot 'wings' and I'll be throwing together a delightful pretzel dip (compliments of one of my sorority sister's recipes)!   
 
I did actually put "real" pants on for a while this afternoon!  We went out earlier to dig out our cars and clean out the spots in front and behind us on the street so we wouldn't have to deal with it tomorrow!  Definitely wanted to take advantage of the 23° weather and daylight while we could!  But this morning and the better part of the early afternoon was spent catching up on some of my stories and clearing out our HULU queue!  I watched a bunch of backed up episodes this weekend of Castle, The Originals, Pretty Little Liars, Once Upon a Time, Switched at Birth and Suburgatory.  I've also recently decided to give up on watching Sleepy Hollow and Ravenswood. 
 
Well....Seattle just won the coin toss, Rob's about done with the 'wings,' my dip is chilling in the refrigerator and there's loads of laundry spinning away in the washing machine.  Time to grab a beer, some grub and watch the game!  Go Broncos!!!!  Keep your fingers crossed for a win or two on my Super Bowl squares!! 
 
What are you doing for the Big Game!?  Trying some new recipes, hanging with friends?!  Let me know below!  But, most of all, enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment