Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PopSugar Must Have Box: February 2014

I came home to a nice surprise Monday after work - two pinkie boxes waiting for me to rip 'em open and spill out all their guts!!!  If you don't know, Sub. Box guts are the best kind of guts! 

So, here it is already! 


The Line-Up

{Must Have Fashion}

Gorjana Brooks Jewelry Roll (Est. Value $45.00)

This little guy is pretty cute and is a beautiful cherry-red color!!  I already have a jewelry roll that I like better, so I might re-purpose this for something else or add it to my grab-a-gift/gift donation stash! 

{Must Have Beauty}

Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum (Est. Value $23.99)

I haven't tried (or smelled) this yet but the description says it's a blend of Moroccan, apricot and rosehip oils, which sounds divine!  Its supposed to hydrate and soften skin for a brighter, even complexion!  I think I might give it a go tonight!

Modelco Lip Pops Duo Lip Gloss and Lipstick (Est. Value $16.00)

I really like ModelCo products so I was super excited to see this!  Plus, I'm really trying to be braver about wearing stuffs on my lips!  I'm really glad this is a nice light neutral color with just a touch of a light pink!  The gloss is a little sticky but it smells amazing!!  Kind of reminds me of some candy from my childhood - ahh, sweet nostalgia!  Sad face:  My lipstick end fell out in the cap - it got stuck to the top!!  With a little wrangling, I did manage to get it out and cram it back in!  I think it's gonna be usable again!  Phew, that was a close one!!

NCLA Rodeo Drive Royalty Nail Polish (Est. Value $16.00)

I've received other NCLA polishes (I think from PS in the past...) and they're pretty good.  If memory serves me they last pretty long and are pretty opaque - maybe two coater!?  This is a really pretty deep red - perfect for a V-Day wear!  I better get on it! The color in the website is way more "red-red" than what it looks in the real life!

 {Must Have Home}

K Hall Designs Peony Travel Candle (Est. Value $11.00)

I have this burning right now!  It smells nice - lightly florally without any of that old-lady{esque} business going on!  It's itty bitty for $11.00 - and I get that it's marketed as a "travel" candle but - 20 hours of burn time - yeah right!  I'll update when it's dead with an estimate there because I'm kind of skeptical!  Although the tin is super cute and I can't wait to re-purpose it!

{Must Have Food}

 Sugarwish Candy Mini Red Cinnamon Hearts (Est. Value $6.25)

I have never heard of Sugarwish Candy before receiving this box!  From what I can tell it's a fun new gifting idea where you choose the size of candy treat you want to gift, and a fun e-card, then your e-card is delivered and the recipient gets to choose 4 different candies that will be packaged and delivered for their enjoyment!  I think this is such a cute idea!  There's several different sizes to choose from - the smallest is 4 bags (1/4 lbs each) for $25 (prices already include shipping and tax....or so it appears!) - perfect little surprise for a Valentine, a hello to a distant-living friend, or even your favorite student during exam week!!  Major bonus - the packaging is sooo adorable!!!!   
 

{Must Have Extra}

Dial Viamin Boost Body Wash (Est. Value $3.00)

This is apparently a 'new' product.  So much so I couldn't even find it on the Dial website!  I was really surprised this didn't open itself up in delivery (it sure wasn't packaged very well - just a little bubble wrap around it) and get all up in everything else's business, but it arrived safely...and more important, dryly!  I have so so so much backlogged body wash and soap!  I have a serious problem and just keep picking things up when the mood strikes...and the mood strikes OFTEN!  ....probably too often, but...I figure, I'll use it eventually!  It's not like I'm going to stop bathing myself!  I mean, as long as the return of The Walking Dead doesn't bring the onset of the zombie apocalypse

Est. Grand Total:  $122.00 

Not too shabby, but I'm also not jumping up and down over anything although I do really like the serum, lip duo, and cinnamon hearts!


Maybe it's just me, but I feel like PS is loosing their pizazz!  This wasn't one of my favorites, and it seems like there's been more and more leaning toward, "Eh..." than toward, "WOW! Ohmigosh!  This is the best day EVERRRR!!!"  So, we'll see what the next couple of months hold and then I'll have a decision to make!  Back when they raised the price (and apparently lowered their standards a bit...ahem) I locked in at the current rate with a 6-month subscription, and I think my last box of that is in April???  I'm not sure if I'll be continuing on with a month-to-month sub at that time or not, but we shall see!  C'mon, PopSugar - IMPRESS ME!!! 

I got my Birchbox the same day (also fairly disappointing), but more of that coming soon!  ANNNNDDDD...I should be getting my very first Fortune Cookie Soapbox ANY.DAY.NOW!!!  It's themed.  It's full of pretty cool stuff.  It's gonna be awesome!  Can't wait to tell you all about it!!!!

Do any of you play with sub boxes?!  If so, what ones are you obsessing over???!

3 comments:

  1. Your comments about the jewelry roll--I do the exact same thing, I have a gift stash from whatever really nice things I'm given or buy randomly but then it ends up that they're really not my style or I already have something else I like better--so I just keep the brand new pretty thing till a good opportunity to give it away presents itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get Birchbox and Ipsy boxes, but my stock of products/samples got to be so huge I cancelled both until I can deplete my stash...but it was so fun getting those boxes every month. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to have the same problem myself! I have been trying to use all my BB products each month though, but every time I come home with an Ulta bag, I feel Rob judging me! :-)

      Delete