Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Happy Blogmas: Day 1 "Five Things"

So, as it's abundantly apparent, I've been a little scarce lately - and by lately, I mean it's been practically a year since you've seen me regularly!  I know, I know....shame, shame. 

But, I'm BACK!  Or, at least I'm going to really try to be! ☺  I've recently {as in today} stumbled on this lovely little blog, Collective Strand who just happens to be hosting a Blogmas!  I've always wanted to do one (...ahem, if you recall my failed attempt at Blog Every Day in May a while back) but this time there are other people involved, so I'm feeling excited, refreshed, and ready to get back on this horse! 

So here we go!!! 

Day 1 is supposed to be a list of five things, either about yourself, likes, dislikes, etc. 

Since I posted 15 Facts About Me list when I last attempted daily blogging, I think I'm going to switch it up a bit! 

FIVE THINGS I LIKE

1.  I am knock-me-over-and-flip-me-upside-down obsessed with Harry Potter!  I just can't get enough!  I've read the books, watched the movies {far more times than I can count}, collected and built the Lego sets, donned the HP gear {tee-shirts, scarves, socks, costumes...you name it!}, baked HP themed treats, and even visited the Wizarding World in Orlando. 

2.  I love a good craft beer; so it's a good thing I live in "Beer City, USA" where the hoppy goodness is as readily available as air!  Founder's Brewing Company is my all time favorite place in Grand Rapids. 

3.  Enter the Master-Baker!!!  Kidding, I'm no master, but I do love to bake!  Even more, I love to eat the baked treats!!!   There's something so calming about baking.  I find it a wonderful source of stress relief! 

4.  You know the feeling when you crack open a new {or old} book for the first time - I just love it!  I've recently reconnected with my reading gene and I'm so relieved to be back at it!  I was stuck in a non-reading slump for longer than ever and I've finally managed to break it!!  REJOICE!  I CAN READ AGAIN!!!  Bonus!  My bestfriend and I are headed to Bookcon in Chicago next year!  I can't wait!!

5.  Adventure is out there!  Carl and Ellie from Up knew it, and so do I!  I love to travel and explore new places - even if it's just a town across the way!  I would absolutely love to travel overseas and experience all the beauty and wonder of the European, Oceania, and African countries some day!  Our most recent travels took us around 2,400 miles round trip through 9 states, not including Michigan! 



What are some of your favorite things?! 

If you're interested in hopping on the Blogmas wagon, head over here to check out the details!

4 comments:

  1. It's like I wrote this!

    I'm an Aussie so the US is so far away but I can't wait to get there for Wizarding World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so nice to meet another potterhead, hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan, I'm Megan 😄. It's great fun to blog with a group, you will enjoy it. Nik in a reading block, I've called it. I think it's breaking and was glad to hear of someone else's ending!

    What on earth is a 'craft' beer? I too like beer a good cold larger! 😄 and also like to EAT home baking, got myself into a bit of a habit recently.

    Good to meet ️ya 😄

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant I'm in a reading block! Like writers block ha ha

    ReplyDelete