Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Blogmas Day 7 "Favorite Things to do in the Crimbo Holidays!"

First off, thanks to a quick google search and Urban Dictionary I now know what the Crimbo Holidays are!  If you're less-in-the-know like me, Crimbo is a slang word for Christmas. 

I typically like to kick-off my Crimbo Holidays with a healthy dose of Black Friday Shopping!!!  I can't help myself - I'm never looking for anything particular really but I do love to shop and people watch...and trust - BF is some of the best of both!  Plus I get a bunch of my holiday gift shopping done!  It's also the first time I allow myself to enjoy Christmas tunes. 

Either that same weekend, or over the next week/weekend I like to do all my decorating!  I throw on a holiday movie, drag out all the boxes of decorations, and get Christmasfying!  The tree goes up and we trim it with love.  We hang the stockings off the DVD rack with care (that's how the story goes, right?)! ☺  After a few more little finishing touches...viola we're in our own cozy holiday cove!


I also love to bake during the holidays!  When I was growing up, my mom, sister and I would always make sugar cookies together!  It was a big to-do - mom would make the dough and then we'd take a whole night to carefully cut out festive shapes and decorate each one with love!  We'd rock out to some holiday tunes and my mom and I would end up doing our special 'kitchen' dance...which consists of exactly one move which you might be familiar with...
 
Credit
 
I'm not a huge sugar cookie fan, but lucky me - my mom always makes me a metric ton of peanut blossoms - MY FAVORITE!  Then I gorge myself on way too many of them!  It's been a while since we've all baked together during the holidays, but we definitely enjoy the fruits of all our separate labors together as a family!

Here are some cutesy little Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Cake Pops I made for Rob's family Christmas Eve get together last year! 


Another favorite thing to do during the holiday season is wrapping and giving gifts!  I think the wrapping of the gifts really is one of the best and most fun parts of the whole giving experience!  I get some kind of wicked high from making a present I'm already looking forward to giving look beautiful, which in turn makes me even more excited to give it!!!  Here's last year's tree!!


Then of course there's dressing up the cat... Gatsby <insert word(s) opposite of loves here> it!  ☺♥
 
 
What are your favorite things to do over the holidays? 


3 comments:

  1. Your cat is so cute! Love his name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to Google Crimbo as well :D The Cake Pops look so cute and your cat too. I want to dress up my dog now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat! Hehehe his jumpers are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete