Sunday, December 20, 2015

Happy Blogmas Day 20: "Holiday Decor...Apartment Edition"

The countdown is on - only five more sleeps until it's Christmas!!!   I apologize for taking an unplanned hiatus, but I had some unusual things occur the last couple of weeks and I'm just finally getting my holiday spirit back. 

We don't have much space in our apartment, but I still like to try to make it feel festive for the holidays without going overboard and making our space feel cluttered! 

My best advice for seasonal decorating in small spaces - keep it simple. 

We've got the usual suspects....

The tree: 

The stockings:

And a wreath {or two} on the door:
This year in addition to the wreath on the front door {left}, I wanted to add one to the door at the top of the stairs too {right}! 

Then a few extras sprinkled throughout: 

I kept things super-duper simple this year - partly because I was being lazy and partly because I got a late start this year.  I added a festive runner and my little snowman friend to the coffee table to keep my lanterns company.  I hung our little snowman frame from the closet door and placed this cute snowy terrarium, both homemade gifts from Rob's mom, to round out our upstairs holiday décor.   This year to jolly up the stairway, I added a few new holiday signs in the windows and hung some mistletoe! 

What type of space do you decorate for the season and how do you make it work?

1 comment:

  1. We haven't put our Christmas tree up and inside yet. It's currently waiting outside for us. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete