Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Why hello again, loves...

So...maybe you've noticed, but I've been away for a bit....  I've actually been dealing with some personalish stuffs on top of being super busy at work, and catching that nasty cold that has been going around. 

I'm {mostly} an open book so here goes nothing! :0)  

Not so long ago I discovered that my birth control pills might be causing adverse side effects in the way of terrible, horrible mood swings that make me act like a crazy person, together with a constant looming sense of trepidation and foreboding.  And to make matters worse, every four weeks (you know, that magical time of the month us gals all love...) a switch in my brain basically flipped and I became someone I hardly recognized.  For the entirety of 2013 and the last couple of months it's gotten progressively worse.  I didn't recognize the signs early on, and instead just figured I was suffering from additional work stress, or just general glumness, etc.  I have never had issues with depression or have had any side effects like this from the good ole' BC in the past.  I had heard stories of friends who had similar issues, but figured I was in the clear - boy was I wrong!

So, lately I've been really scrutinizing the past year or so and I've been able to begin to see an inclination in the crazy that became me.  Looking back I can't believe I didn't realize there was something more serious wrong - classic denial...  I just assumed it couldn't happen to me, blah, blah, blah...  I'm thankful to finally have identified the  root of the issue (fingers crossed) and I'm really hoping it's as simple as a change in prescription.  I have an appointment (tomorrow actually!) to work on getting this whole ordeal straightened out so I can get back to feeling like me again...before my relationships are stretched past the point of no return!  Right now I'm looking forward optimistically and am so ready to get back on track with my fun, happy-go-lucky kind of life! 

I really wanted to share my experience in the hopes that if you ever find yourself feeling similarly, you don't just write it off to stress, and instead take a closer look at what might really be a bigger issue! 

On a happier and more random note - I've been watching Friends (yes...for the first time) and I LOVE it!  I just finished season one, and am already getting a good start on season two!  I was never interested in it when it was actually on (for starters I was nine when it aired) but even as I grew up and my peers were getting into it, I was happy as a clam just watching my Nick at Nite (back when it was Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Taxi, etc.) and Disney Channel Original Movies!   I'll always have a soft spot for Under Wraps, Zenon, Smart House, and Brink! 

When Friends ended in 2004 I was just wrapping up my first year of college, finals had just finished up and I was heading back home for the summer.  When I went to say goodbye to my dorm floor friends, I found them all crammed in one room watching the finale.  I was made to wait until the commercial break before I actually got to bid my adieus!  So, there lies my first Friends experience.  I later ended up catching a few episodes on  my lunch break at a prior job (only 2 or 3 channels came in on the tiny little break-room TV) but I usually tried to make it so I was on lunch the same time Who Wants to be a Millionaire was on.  When I couldn't make that, it was between Friends re-runs or something like The View (absolutely no interest in that) so needless to say....Friends won!  Now I'm really glad I've found it and get to experience it for the first time as an adult - you just get so much more of the 'humor' in it!  It's kind of like when you watch a movie you loved as a kiddo as an adult and BOOM you finally get that sneaked-in joke that always made you wonder why your mom and ever other grown-up in the room was chuckling! 

So, that's the mystery of my recent away-ness!  I've been hanging with my new Friends and trying to work on getting back to me and over this cold!  Hope you're all having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dealt with the same issues while on the Nuvaring and it was awful. I sometimes felt like I was loosing my mind but like you, chalked it up to be stressed trying to finish school and plan a wedding. Thankfully, after I changed my prescription, I felt much better! Hope you get it straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, great post!!! I've been trying to follow you but I keep having a problem with the GFC link :(

    Brianna
    http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete