Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keep Cold, Pour Hard

I love a good stout and the Left Hand Milk Stout definitely doesn't disappoint! 

So, imagine my excitement when Rob and I noticed there was a bottled Nitro version of our favorite milk stout!  AHHHH!!!!  (And that was only a preview!)

We snatched up a sixer and went on our merry way - picking up a few other necessities...milk, snacks, lego mini figures.  ☺

To set the scene:  we're in the kitchen, two pint glasses rest on the countertop, and Rob is to my right pouring himself a nice cold Founder's Centennial IPA.  I grab one of the Nitro Milk Stouts out of the freshly stocked refrigerator and popped the cap.  Then I tipped it straight upside down and Rob about had a hernia!  He quickly paused mid-pour and exclaimed, "What are you doing!?  It's going to go everywhere!!!"  I shrugged, stated I was just following directions and pointed to the cap laying beside my glass.  The words Keep Cold ♦ Pour Hard were staring straight up at us, and I smiled. 


I wasn't really sure what would happen, but it didn't overflow, instead it poured similarly to how a nitro beer pours on tap - simply amazing!  I'm actually enjoying one as I type this post - and I captured the magic on video for all you non-believers! 

Hope you enjoy this little bit of brew magic!!!  Cheers! ♥  Sorry the quality is pretty bad - I recorded it on my phone originally as a Snapchat...but you get the idea!  This is poured in real-time, I promise!

 
 
And, if you're wondering what this magical elixir looks like when it's settled, feast your eyes on this little ditty:
 
 
 
If you love stouts, I definitely recommend this one - nitro or not, it's a goody! The nitro just gives it that awesome creamy flavor!!  Mmmm!
 
Have you tried any bottled brews "on nitro?"  What ones?!  I'd love to discover some new gems!  And, if you've tried this one, what did you think!? 
 


1 comment:

  1. Great post! P.s. The new make overlooks awesome on my phone :)

    ReplyDelete