Friday, March 21, 2014

Five On Friday ♥

It's been a while, but I'm excited to be back at it and linking up
with ChristinaDarciApril, and Natasha for 5 on Friday!!!
 

 
March has been buzzing with activity and keeping me pretty busy in the process - birthday parties galore, Michigan weather that can't make up its mind, soon to be concert crooners, a new friend to hang out with in the car, and obviously a bit of randomness!
 
• ONE •
 
Everyone and my sister has a birthday in March!  I swear, it's totally nuts!  Last weekend we celebrated Rob's nephew's sixth birthday (his for-real bday was in January), but better late than never! ☺  It was great to get together with his family and nosh on all the Pinterest-y types of yummies!
 
Here's the cute little creation his mom came up with (with a little thanks to the above mentioned Pinterest) for the Birthday Treat!  I made the frosting and then piped it on to look like little bits of grass - you know, just doing my part!  I think it really turned out cute!  She always adds such sweet little touches (ahem, barrel of jelly beans, little chocolate chicks...need I say more)!


Followed by that was my dear little sister's 25th birthday!  She's a whole quarter of a century old now which makes me feel super old!  Yikes!  I always love getting together with my family no matter what the occasion!  There's always great food, lots of treats and even more laughs!  This time around we played 'what can we find in the basement and in Lauren's closet' followed by a quick gander at some old photos! 
 
 We have had Dirt Cups (you know...oreos, pudding, gummy worms...amazingness) in lieu of cake for the past couple years for her birthday dessert but this year she went with Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins which are also super tasty!  Later when the exploring began, we found an old marionette 'Nsync doll from back in the day hiding in her closet - remember this guy?  (Side note:  One of Gatsby's many nicknames is in fact "Joey Fat-One!")  All in all it was a really fun day!  Happy Birthday, Lo!


More birthdays coming soon:  Rob's is Monday (also Oberon release day for all the Michigander followers!) but we're celebrating with his family tomorrow!  Bestfriend Allison's golden birthday is next week with my Little's!  And then March is pretty much over! 

• TWO •
 
 What's up Michigan....it's Spring now.  I would appreciate it greatly if you would act like it!  Last week it was nice and sunny and warm (for here at least) then on the for-real first day of Spring, what do we wake up to but another dusting of snow and frost!  I'm all for 'Pure Michigan' but I'm so over this fresh powder stuff!  Bring on the green grass and flowers! ☼

• THREE •

So...Rob and I were heading out the other day on a little local adventure, and what do we find stashed in the half-melted snow bank next to his car but a ...

Yes...there was an actual 'city' turkey hanging out in the snow bank.  We're not sure how it got there but figured it's so random, why not mention it!

• FOUR •

Sunday Funday here we come!  My gal pal and newest friend to join the bloggy lands and I have an action packed day full of fun planned to cap off our weekends!  We're starting by seeing Divergent in the IMAX (in bangin' seats I might add - thanks Britt!) and then heading over to Fan Girl out over Demi Lovato's Neon Lights Tour!!!

Confession time:  I originally had this as Number Three, but I couldn't resist making it 'Four!' ♥

• FIVE •

A new friend to hang out with me in the car!  Sounds a little creepy, right?!  Rest assured, I have not been forcing someone to ride around in my car to keep me company!  I renewed my library card (because for some crazy reason GR thinks you should every three years???) and took myself on a date through the YA Audio Book section!  I picked up a couple that struck my fancy:  Extras (the final book in the Uglies Series by Scott Westerfeld) and Wither (the first book in the Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren Destefano).  I'm around 3/4 of the way done with Wither and so far I like it pretty well.  It's not life changing but it's entertaining and a nice switch from the same-ole-same-ole radio nonsense. 


A Friends Update:  I'm almost done with Season Two!  Currently watching "The One With the Chicken Pox" where Phoebe and Charlie Sheen get down and dirty scratching in the living room! 

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend!?


2 comments:

  1. That random turkey is very strange! Love the farm-themed dessert, too! And March seems like a big birthday month to me, too--2 of my sisters have birthdays this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that turkey is so random! At least it was covered up and there weren't like blood and guts everywhere :( I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete