Saturday, October 12, 2013

October 2013 PopSugar

I wasn't expecting this to come until Monday, so I was SO excited to see it Friday when I got home!  I didn't get much time with it then - Rob and I were planning on meeting some friends for dinner that night and had to get going almost as soon as I got home, but I sure tore it open quick just to get a peek inside!  I had to satisfy that curious kitten that lives in me!
 
 
 
Here's the first look!  (I actually remembered to take photos of this this time around....usually I can't contain my own excitement and end up tearing into it immediately!) 


And here's what was under all that pink paper!
 
 

At this point I was already pretty excited about the Wet Brush and  the giant Rice Krispy Treat!!!
 
The October "theme" was PINK (for Breast Cancer Awareness Month), in addition to Halloween and Fall in general (getting back in the kitchen, etc.)! PopSugar is donating $1.00 to Breast Cancer Research for each box sold this month and has also teamed up with some companies this month who are supporting the same!
 

MUST HAVE FOOD

The Can't Cook Book: Recipes for the Absolutely Terrified! |$27.99       

by Jessica Seinfeld

I just finished thumbing through this a few minutes ago!  This cookbook has some really good tips and tricks and also really explains the how-to's for beginners (such as how to wash produce, how to cut garlic, how to zest fruit, etc.) as well as describes the must-have kitchen essentials (knives, pots and pans, bakeware, etc.).  Some of these recipes sound A-Maz-Ing as well!  I'm definitely going to try some out (and post them to the Recipes page so check back!)  This cookbook also features a cute intro by Jessica and really wonderful photos!

MUST HAVE BEAUTY

NYX Cosmetics Liquid Liner and Smokey Shadow Palette | $6.00, $7.00


I actually already have this Smokey Shadow Palette!  I got it with the Mortal Instruments Parallel Worlds Kit a few months ago.  So that's a bummer, but I'm sure I can make use of the liquid liner!  I'll be gifting the shadow palette since I don't really need two!  The NYX shadows are pretty good especially considering how inexpensive they are!  The only complaint I have with them is that they didn't work well with my Urban Decay Primer Potion!  On their own they seem to be fine though!

Julep Duo: Julep Nail Polish and Freedom Top Coat | $14.00, $18.00

I received the color "Char."  It's a pretty, bold blue color that I think will be great for Fall and Winter!  I'm also excited to try the topcoat!  In addition to the Polish and Top Coat Duo, they also sent an offer code for a free Julep Maven Box (Additional value of $19.99)!  I just signed up to receive my free Maven box!  I'm pretty excited about a free box, but I don't know that I'll continue with the monthly subscription once that ships.  I just don't think I need $19.99 worth of nail polish, etc. each month!  But that's just me! ;-) 





The Wet Brush | $8.99

I have the worst tangles when I get out of the shower!  I just heard about this magical brush a couple  months ago or so, and I've been on the hunt for one ever since!  I haven't been able to find one so I opted for something somewhat similar!  But I'm absolutely thrilled to actually have 'the' Wet Brush!  Looking forward to using this puppy tomorrow!  I hope it lives up to all the hype it's been getting on YouTube!  PS.  I love that it's pink! <3
 

MUST HAVE FASHION

Gorjana Griffin Charity Bali Bead Bracelet | $45.00

I love this cute little pink bracelet!  I also love the fact that 100% of the proceeds from these are going to support Breast Cancer Research!  This bracelet is nice and bright but pretty delicate at the same time!  I'm really trying to bulk up my stackable bracelet collection, and this helps! 


  

  Jane Tran Bobby Pins | $12.00

Can never have too many bobby pins!  Plus, these will be cute to hold back lose strands when I throw my hair in a random braid! I know a few of my friends have received other bobby pin sets from Jane Tran in their Birchboxes, but I never did, so I'm excited to see what the buzz is all about!
 
 
 
 





 

 

MUST HAVE FOOD

The Crispery Halloween Crispycake | $3.95

This thing caught my eye immediately!  Maybe because I've been dieting for The Biggest Loser competition at my office...maybe because it was dinner time, or maybe because I have a problem when it comes to sweets!  Heck...I'd say it was D.  All of the above! :-)  Anyway, this crispycake looks so so so SO good!  I can't wait until my final weigh in so I can sink my teeth into this thing!  I'm sure I'll just devour it all at once, practically inhaling it's gooey goodness and then pass out in a sugar high state of bliss!
 
YUMMMM

SPECIAL EXTRA

Stitch Fix Gift Card | $20.00

Rob's Sister-In-Law has been doing Stitch Fix for a little while now!  Last time I saw her she was telling me all about it!  I had never heard of it, but was intrigued with the idea!  It's a kind of personal styling subscription service where you get sent a few hand-selected fashion items so you can try them on in your own home and see how each piece will incorporate into your own wardrobe.  Then you can choose to keep and purchase whatever pieces you choose and return the rest.  I've been wanting to try it since she first told me about it, but didn't want to get into yet another sub service!  I need to have a little bit of self-control!  But, this is a good excuse to try it out once!  If you're interested in this sort of thing, I'm sure they can explain better than me!
 
 
 

I think this might be one of my favorite boxes from PopSugar to date!  The total value of the box was a whopping $162.93 (or $182.92 if you count the free Julep Maven Box!)  Wowza, I'm impressed!


xx
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment