Tuesday, October 8, 2013

FIRST Ever Lush Haul and Review!!!

I had been lusting after Lush products for quite some time and SURPRISE....my best friend sent me an E-Gift Card to enjoy for my birthday this year (back in July)!  I was so super psyched to receive this little treasure I immediately took to the website and began eagerly planning out my first purchase! 

After much deliberation and reading something like a hundred reviews this is what I finally decided on....


Well, I've finally gotten the chance to actually test out everything I purchased so here's what I thought! 

Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly:


This cherry-coconut shower gel not only smells amazing but it has some little glitters so it leaves your skin with a little sparkle-farkle! ;-)  I only bought the 3.5 oz. size of this so I could give it a go before committing to the larger size...but Allison and I are planning a day trip to Lush over on the other side of the state in the end of the month - and this will definitely be on my shopping list...especially since I'm down to one more shower's worth!  I found that it's easiest to scoop some out and lather it up on a loofa or sponge/washcloth because it's kind of jiggley and slippery!  It really lathers well and did I mention it smells a-maze-ing!!!  Get your own here! (3.5oz. for $6.95 or 8.5oz. for $11.95)

 

Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo:


There's not a whole lot of suds to this shampoo and it smells a little off but it works great!  Rob told me that people sometimes use a can of straight up beer in the shower as a hair treatment and it's supposed to kind of work like a hair mask and increase shine, etc.  I didn't know how I felt about pouring a completely good beer over my head but then I came across this stuff.  It really does leave my hair super soft and definitely adds some shine!  I even noticed a minor improvement in my frizz monster!  I don't know that I'll purchase this often, but just because I tend to gravitite toward really good smelling shampoos and conditioners!  I liked this but I was really hoping to love it, and I didn't love it more than any other shampoo I've used!  I'd repurchase this in the future, but like I said, probably not too often...  If you want to check it out further you can do so right here.  (3.3 fl. oz. for $9.95 or 16.9 fl. oz. for $29.95)

 

Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter:

 
This was my big splurge product of the bunch!  I had read so much about the Lemony Flutter on blogs and reviews that I was dying to try it myself...plus, I LOVE the smell of anything lemon!  I have really dry skin and this is the perfect cure - not only for cuticles but for any random dry patch like elbows, knees, the random bit of eczema!   The only downfall...if you aren't in the dry skin club, you probably won't love this - it gets pretty greasy before it soaks in.  I've been using it before bed so it has plenty of time to absorb overnight, and that seems to work best.  This product is pretty small but a little goes a looonggg way!  You don't need much, and it seems like the small size of this stuff is going to last forever!!!  Don't wait, with winter approaching, I'm definitely glad to have this laying around in my bathroom!!  (1.5 oz. for $16.95)
 

Mint Julips Lip Scrup:

 
Hello JUNIOR MINTS!  This smells and TASTES wonderful!!  I am absolutely OBSESSED with this lip scrub!  I can't get enough of the minty taste and smell!  Um....and, did I mention that it leaves your lips feeling and looking amazing!  You simply rub it on your lips and lick it off!  That's it!  Yes...I said LICK!  It's completely edible and tastes just like the inside of a Junior Mint!  Delicious!  No chapped lips here - at least not anymore!  This sheds off any dry skin and then I simply apply any old lip balm for absolutely incredible results!  I can't wait to stock up on more of these and try some of the other flavors as well, particularly the bubble gum one!  (.9 oz. for $9.95) - It's small but so worth it!  Gonna give it the true test when winter rears its ugly head here in Michigan!  You can too, right here!

 

Sparkle Toothy Tabs:

 
These are a little weird, but pretty cool at the same time!  I had never heard of them before I began perusing the Lush website and found myself intrigued by these little tabs!  I used to pre-brush my teeth with straight baking soda for the whitening effect, then rinse and use regular toothpaste as a follow-up.  These are along that same school of thought...but conveniently packed in little round tabs.  You just put one in between your front teeth and chew it up.  Add water to your tooth brush and brush like normal.  They taste a little funny since I think they're mostly made of baking soda themselves, but if you can get past that, they really do clean as well as any other toothpaste.  I do feel like they definitely whiten better than normal toothpaste.  I've been going back and forth between them and my everyday Colgate and typically gravitate toward the tabs when I know I have some type of event coming up for the whitening bonus!  And, watch out - these things sure foam!  You can get some to try here! (.3 oz. for $4.95 - I want to say there's 40 tabs in a box). 

 

The Godmother Soap:

 
Lush describes this as a "Candy Scented Magical Pink Soap" and they're not lying.  I really wanted to love this, and I don't dislike it by any means but it just doesn't lather as much as I wanted.  It does smell delightful and it's a pretty color and if it would just lather more, it would be a soap I would definitely purchase again.  I'd like to try another soap from Lush to see if there's one that better suits my lathering needs!  This soap does leaving my skin feeling silky smooth though!  (3.5 oz. for $6.50 here.)
 
 
Over all I'm very impressed with my first ever Lush experience!  I love their products and have been making a new list of all the things I want to try next!  So looking forward to our upcoming shopping trip!  Have you tried any Lush products?  What were your favorites?  Any recommendations?!
 
xx
 Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment