Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Seasons of Shoes!!!

My friend and co-worker (we'll call her 'J') and I went out for a long lunch on Friday to hit up the new H & M that just opened at the mall in Grand Rapids.  It was crazy and I'm not sure how, but we landed on the topic of whether or not her shoe choices were seasonally appropriate????  I'm guessing it was something along the lines of:

 J:  "Ohh...I love those leggings!"
 Me:  "I can see you wearing those..."
 J:  "I would wear them with heels!"
 Me:  "In the Winter?!  Heels are not appropriate in the Winter..."
 J:  "What do you mean?!"

I'm 100% certain these are not direct quotes as this was Friday around 1pm and my brain has had lots of other things swimming around in it since then!  But, this sample conversation got me going off on a tangent of which shoe is appropriate to be worn during each season...

What makes a shoe seasonally appropriate you ask,  other than the obvious - don't wear flip flops in a snow storm!?  Which, I must admit, I did used to do - all the way up until my sophomore year in college!  Way too old for freezing my toes off, but, hey, let's face it - I pretty much lived in flops back then!  I have since come to my senses and now keep my toes warmly confined in a nice closed-toe shoe of sorts during those chilled fall and winter days!  And, most days I even throw in some sort of sock-like existence to the mix!  Why?!  Because I'm finally old and responsible enough to tuck my little tootsies in according to the weather!  Blah, being an adult is no fun!  At least I keep it real with my socks (most of the time...I still have some boring plain adult "professional" socks)!  I've been in search of hot dog socks!!!!  Anyone know where I can score some!?

Well, if you were to ask me, this is what I would say!  Keep in mind, I live in Michigan - we experience all of the seasons here, and sometimes it even snows before Halloween! 

✩Fall ✩ 

The 'Do' Shoes:  Flats - of any variety really (they're kind of the all around okay shoe), boots and/or the ever so newly popular booties, and, heels are still mostly okay depending on the slut and chill factors!
 
The 'Don't' Shoes:  I would stay away from aquatic footwear, sandals and probably flops for the most part - unless you're just running out to get the mail or take out the trash, but not as an outfit completer! 

❆Winter!❆

The 'Do' Shoes: Again, flats work well here too, boots and/or booties are still okay, and if you have an occasion (Holiday party, winter wedding, date night), then I'd say rock out in your heels, but probably wouldn't go to super high peep-toes - I mean, come on there's probably six feet of snow out there!
 
The 'Don't' Shoes:  Just say no to aqua socks, sandals and flops!  Bare toes + Snow = amputation from frost bite!  And then you'll never be able to truly slut it up in your six inch peep toe hooker heels again!  And, if you haven't already guessed - no six inch peep toe hooker heels!  They're just a slip and fall on the ice hazard waiting to strike at the most inopportune time ever!!!  
 

❀ Spring ❀

The spring is pretty awesome because everything is pretty much a go!  Green light for whatever shoe your heart desires!!!!  Plus, you can also strut it out in some super cute rain boots!!!  Puddle jumping anyone?! 

☼ Summer ☼

 And, really....who wears shoes in the summer!?!  Oh...right, all of us boring adults with jobs.  Blah!  I typically go for flops, sandals or some cute flats!  By this time I've usually thrown my socks to the wind and just want to let my toes have their time in the limelight - after a good pedi of course!  Again, not really and 'Don't' shoes, but know if you're that girl wearing the mini skirt and rocking the UGGs, someone is probably looking at you like you're insane....


Do you have any seasonal shoe guidelines?!  I know I missed about a trillion different types of shoes, but you should get the gist from this little list!


Megan 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment