Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lil Man Cake!

It's about the one year anniversary of when I made this cake, which means it's almost the Lil Man's 2nd Birthday, so I though it was fitting to share! 

I made this cake for my boyfriend's nephew's first birthday last year!  The party theme was "Lil Man" complete with little ties and mustaches!  It was a super cute party and I was really happy with the way the cake turned out!  Hope you like it and if you're planning a similar themed party for your own Lil Man that it gives you a little inspiration!  I covered the cake with buttercream frosting and used fondant and gum paste for the huge 1 on top and fondant for the ties and mustaches around the base!
The cake itself was made from three 9'' rounds, homemade white cake, all stacked and filled.  Between the bottom and middle layers I used a raspberry fruit filling and between the middle and top layer I used vanilla pudding for the filling.  The combination of the fruit and pudding offset the simplicity of the white cake perfectly! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment