Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tuesday Tea: Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I'm super excited to be linking-up with Jenni at Frankly My Dear... for Tuesday Tea!

Tea...If you please...

I did a little baking this past weekend for my friend's birthday and thought I'd share one of my all-time favorite cupcake recipes with you!

These Pink Lemonade Cupcakes seriously scream Spring/Summertime and I have yet to hear anything negative about them!  So, if you're looking for a new recipe to impress your posse, give these a whirl!  The don't disappoint!!  The cake is so fluffy and light, perfectly moist and has the most amazing lemon flavor (it's the for-real zest that does the trick!) and the frosting is delightfully strawberry, made using actual strawberry puree!  But don't worry, it's way easier than it sounds!

And of course I can't take all the credit!  I wouldn't have found this lovely recipe without the amazingly talented Megan at What Megan's Making!  She is a crazy magician in the kitchen - check out her blog...you'll be left drooling!!!

Here's a few snaps of the little beauties...

I like to gather all my ingredients before I start a project and put away as I use what I need!  How do you like to start a kitcheny project?!  Care to share any tips or tricks??
Ingredient Round-Up!

Bonus:  These make your kitchen smell simply amazing!!!  Well...if you like the smell of fresh lemons and things baking at least!
YUM!  Almost Done!!

And here's the final result!


I used the Wilton 2D Tip to frost the cupcakes but I've also used the 1M Tip with equally pleasing results!  What are your favorite Tips to decorate with!?

But seriously, check out the recipe here and make some for the next Soiree you're set to attend - your friends will thank you and you'll look like a Top Chef!

Hint:  Since you're left with a couple bald lemons...I like to use them to make a knock-off County Fair Lemonade!  Just cut the lemons, squeeze them into a glass (I like to do this over a small mesh strainer so I don't get the seeds), and then add water, ice and sugar to taste.  Stir it up and enjoy!!

Hope you enjoy these as much as I have!!  Happy Tuesday, friends!! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment